Saturday, 22 March 2014

Super simple Pizza Dough

Hey guys, how's it going? 

So when it comes to cooking, I guess you could compare me to a picture that a small child colored: you can see they put in a great effort, but it's not a masterpiece you'd want to hang on the wall. Though my cooking skills are almost non existent, it doesn't change the fact that I love spending time in the kitchen. I'm always looking for simple, easy recipes to try out. 

Recently, I thought I'd give homemade pizza dough a try, and the recipe I found is super easy and is basically fool proof, which is a requirement for me. I have a knack for burning everything, but surprisingly, I haven't burnt one pizza yet!  Hopefully you guys will love this recipe as much as I do!! 


1) preheat your oven to 350 degrees

2) mix in a bowl:
    3 cups flour
    1 8 gram packet dry yeast
    2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 cup warm water 



3) lightly dust a baking sheet with flour, then knead the dough for 10 minutes, if its still too sticky, add a bit more flour. Once the consistency is stretchy but not too sticky, start to stretch and roll it out. You can use a rolling pin or just stretch it with your hands 


 
4) cover your pizza dough with sauce and any toppings you'd like. For my pizza, I used sausage, cheese, green pepper and onion. 


5) put your pizza in the oven for about 14 minutes, but for the last 2, turn your oven to broil, to evenly bake the top. Keep an eye on your pizza while it cooks, depending on how thick or thin your crust is, it might cook quicker and you don't want it to burn! 


6) eat and enjoy!! 


Hopefully, if you gave this recipe a try, it turned out as well as mine did! I thought it was pretty simple and an easy last minute dinner idea. It's also a fun dinner to make with kids. So enjoy your pizzas! Thanks for reading! 

~Natalie 

No comments:

Post a Comment